The ADTRAN MX2820 system with a 23-inch chassis houses up to 18 MUX modules to provide nine redundant M13/STS-1 modules in 2U rack units of space.
The ADTRAN MX2820 MUX modules are capable of combining independent T1s, E1s, or T1s and E1s on the same DS3/STS-1 signal. Each pair of MUX modules provides built-in 1:1redundancy on the DS1 and DS3/STS-1 circuits.
- Built-in 1:1 redundancy
- Hot-swappable MUX cards
- Affordable DS3/STS-1 bandwidth consolidation
- Single IP address per shelf
- Interbank communications capability to address multiple shelves with a single IP via an RS-485 daisy chain communication link between shelves
- Capable of backhauling multiple service types (T1/E1)
- Simplified configuration through the VT100 terminal menu structure
- System Controller Unit (SCU) for centralized management
- TL1, SNMP, Telnet, and SSH management
- X.25 capability for TL1 sessions
- Meets the requirements for NEBS Level 3 compliance