- Complies with ATM Forum IMA Spec Version 1.1, AF-PHY-0086.001 for
up to four DS1/E1 links.
- Performs Inverse Multiplexing over ATM (IMA) for up to four DS1/E1
- Supports one to four IMA Groups.
- Supports from one to four DS1/E1 interfaces in a single IMA group.
- Supports maximum of 100 ms differential link delay.
- Functions as network or subscriber side ATM IMA connection in
conjunction with an ATM Cell Switch Module.
- Provides the upstream connection to a network ATM switch.
- Provides downstream link to other subtended DSLAM systems.
- Combines NxDS1 links into a single high-speed link to the ATM Cell
Switch Module (CSM).
- Continues operating (at a reduced rate) when a DS1/E1 link failure
occurs, and automatically restores when failure clears.
- Delivers a variety of high-speed services.
- VT100 terminal menu interface for configuration, provisioning,
status, test, and performance monitoring.
- Communicates with SCU for management functions.
- Supports download of new software via SCU.
- Provides 8 kHz system timing reference from any one of the four
DS1/E1 receive clocks.