- 19-inch or 23-inch rack-mountable foundation for the OPTI-6100 Multi-Service Provisioning Platform
- Equipped with appropriate modules, the MX chassis supports a SONET network and a variety of tributary circuit types
- Requires a System Controller Module (SCM, P/N 1184500L1 or SCM2, P/N 1184500L2)
The ADTRAN OPTI-6100 delivers all the versatility and functionality that today's service providers need for cost-effective network expansion. This compact, state-of-the-art unit seamlessly integrates with and modernizes existing networks. The OPTI-6100 consolidates discrete optical and multiplexer network elements into one small 2U (3.5-inch) high chassis. Two chassis options are available, the MX (17.5 inches wide) and the SMX (8.5 inches wide). The MX mounts in a standard 19-inch or 23-inch rack. The SMX is wall or rack mountable with the option to mount two units side by side in a 19- or 23-inch rack.
The feature set, small footprint, low cost, and diverse deployment options of the OPTI-6100 make it a powerful tool for optical delivery of DS1, DS3/EC-1 (STS-1 electrical interface), OC-3, OC-12 and Ethernet. It supports all of the maintenance and administration tools necessary for service providers to administer their networks efficiently. Its fully integrated design provides the management and redundancy features expected of carrier-class broadband multiplexers. The OPTI-6100 is the industry’s first OC-3/OC-12/OC-48 multiplexer to deliver a combination of DS1, DS3/EC-1s, Ethernet, OC-3 and OC-12 drops. ADTRAN provides the ability to utilize all of the bandwidth in an optical network interface for customer services without stranded bandwidth. Its compact design is significantly smaller than similar products and it delivers superior functionality at a fraction of the price.
- Terminal mode, subtended off a GR-253 compliant SONET ADM
- End-to-end OPTI-6100 (MX or SMX)
- UPSR ADM ring, OC-3/12/48
Services OPTI-6100 (MX Chassis)
- Very low card count, high degree of integration, compact design
- Optional protection of high-speed interfaces
- Optional protection of low-speed interfaces, DS1, DS3/EC-1, OC-3, OC-12
- DS1 (1 to 84 with redundancy)
- DS3/EC-1 (1 to 12 with redundancy)
- Ethernet (1 to 48)
- OC-3, OC-12 (1 to 6 with redundancy)
- DS3 TRANSMUX (1 to 12 with redundancy)
The OPTI-6100 consists of a common equipment module (the OMM), a maintenance interface module (the SCM), and line cards (tributary modules). The common equipment module contains a high-speed interface and common circuitry.
Support T1/E1 services over a IP network using adaptive timing, no need for copper access or a remote network timing source. Supports incumbent TDM services over next generation access.
DS1/E1 access is provided via either the Quad Fiber modules (QDFC/QDFR) or ADTRAN's OPTI-6100 MSPP.
ADTRAN provides SONET/SDH MSP platforms and purpose built SONET-compatible products.